Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sour Cream Pound Cake

Paula Deen, oh you tempt me with your buttery goodness filled recipes.  I have always wanted to try my hand at poundcake, since I love the Sarah Lee version so.  I figured today was as good a day as any.  So here is the Pin as well as the link to the Food Network recipe:

Pin

sour-cream-pound-cake-recipe

I followed the directions exactly as they are written & here's what happened:


















I used a standard Pyrex clear loaf baking dish (as you can see in the background) & the batter overflowed from the pan.  I would suggest perhaps splitting the recipe & making mini loaves instead.  The part that overflowed (which of course I had to taste) tasted pretty good, so I wouldn't call this recipe a Pintastrophy, but MY finished product certainly looks like one.  I haven't cut into this bad boy yet, but as soon as I do I will reply with how it tastes.

UPDATE:  so it tastes pretty good, so it's only a Pintastrophy in the looks department.

No comments:

Post a Comment