Sunday, August 26, 2012

Oil, Pictures & Mason Jars

When planning my second wedding (to the same man... okay let me elaborate - we got married in November when I was pregnant. I couldn't drink at the "reception" at my dad's house, I couldn't wear my dream wedding dress, and we didn't invite everyone who is important in our lives. So yes, we had a second wedding - big dress, big church, big reception and LOTS of drinking!) I wanted to do things differently. I didn't want to do the classic centerpieces of flowers or candles. So off to pinterest I went looking for ideas and stumbled on this gem


Ooooo how pretty! So, I read her blog and learned all the neat things she did at her wedding, and completely stole her idea. I still think it's an amazing idea, but mine didn't come out as "artsy" looking as hers. Sean and I tend to take the classic "Myspace" pose where we hold the camera out at arm's length and click. Apparently those pictures don't work so well in this type of situation and they morph your face depending on how you look at it. But ah well! I still loved them (mostly) and everyone talked about them. Here are a few...





The little signs next to the pictures were our table markers. One side had something important (like a place or thing) and the other side had a description. For example, "Where Sean told Kari he loved her for the first time" {Florida} and "Our first apartment together" {Jewett City}.

So overall, I call this Pintastic...just use some more artsy fartsy pictures...that are a little further back so you don't look like aliens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment