Sunday, August 26, 2012

mmm BACON...and a little green bean.

So I've never blogged before, but I wanted to share my experience with this bacon wrapped green beans pin here or the actual link here.

I really did not follow the recipe at all, I just used the picture for inspiration. I used frozen green beans, sprinkled them with garlic salt and pepper, wrapped those suckers up with some glorious bacon, and baked them at 350 until they looked 'almost done.' Personally, I never follow recipes, so I can't tell you how long that was.

While they were nice and hot, I sprinkled some brown sugar on top of the bacon along with a few diced jalapenos. I let them bake for another 5 minutes or so. These little bacon pockets of fabulous were actually quite good. I will definitely be making them again.

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure what the acutal pin suggests but using fresh green beans for this recipe is the best...I made it and the whole family loved it. We used fresh green beans and blanched them first. Then dry them very well before you wrap with bacon and dress...definitely a "pintastic" for my family :)

    ReplyDelete