Monday, August 27, 2012

Chinese Style Sweet and Sour Chicken


http://life-as-a-lofthouse.blogspot.ca/2010/09/baked-sweet-and-sour-chicken-with-fried.html

This recipe is called Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken, but I actually did mine in the crockpot, since that's how a similar recipe I've tried for Orange Chicken (and promptly discovered that my husband hates orange combined with other flavors - I knew he hated chocolate orange but didn't realize the hatred extended to other orange flavor combinations) cooks it. It was delicious! Aforementioned husband complained that it wasn't crispy, but it's not supposed to be crispy, as it's meant to be like the Chinese sweet and sour pork/chicken/etc.

Anyways, I followed the recipe fairly exactly, up to the point of putting it in the oven, and put it in my crockpot instead. I can't remember how long I did it or whether it was on high or low - I basically just kept stirring occasionally until the sauce was almost fully absorbed into the chicken. It wasn't very long - an hour or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment