Monday, August 27, 2012

Flowerpot + Modge Podge + Pictures + Ribbon

So I've adored these cute flower pots ever since I first saw them.
Of course, I'm sure whoever made this original took the picture from the best possible angle, but from my experience, I was unable to recreate something that looked as neat and organized.


It's not awful, but since the edges are so tapered, I had a hard time getting the pictures to lay flat. Not to mention, when I tried to space the photos similarly to the original, I had a lot of gaps at the top. The ribbon on the top was also a big P.I.T.A. If you can see, it bunches up quite a bit due to the tapering effect of the pot itself.

Verdict: Eh, not really worth the hassle if you ask me. My mom loved it as her Mother's Day present, but it's certainly not a craft project I would choose to do again. BTW: that dry spot is not a result of the glue as it may appear. My mom JUST watered the plant before this picture was taken, so the pot itself was just not wet in this area yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment