Monday, September 10, 2012

Beer Crockpot Chicken


the picture from the website of the chicken...not so sure why it looks browned
I decided to menu plan for the next two weeks, as I have gone back to work and needed a way to make sure my husband had some food at some point! So this recipe made it onto my menu, simply as a result of it being uber easy to make! This morning while getting ready for work, I plopped L down in the living room with cartoons on (don't judge me...I only had 2 hours of sleep). Anywho, I started to pull out the ingredients for this recipe - 5 chicken breasts (frozen), some garlic powder, salt, pepper, basil, and beer (we used Sam Adams Octoberfest). I also added in some Frankie's Creole Seasoning (yummo - it makes its way onto many of our dishes). As I tried to pry the frozen chicken from it's styrofoam home (I mean seriously - could they make it even harder to get off that thing?) it kept sticking. So the chicken went in the microwave for a few minutes.

I finally got the chicken into the crockpot, added the spices and beer and set for 10 hours on low. It was 6 am and I would be home around 4 pm, and we would eat maybe around 530ish. So it worked out.

And it was great! This recipe will remain in our arsenal. I may try it with different types of beer and sodas even. Of course, I will update if I do :)

Go here for the recipe :)

<3 Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment