Sunday, September 16, 2012

No Bake Energy Bites

http://richestoragsbydori.blogspot.ca/2012/03/no-bake-energy-bites.html

So, the first time I made these, I suddenly realized I was out of smooth peanut butter, after having mixed most of the ingredients already. So I used some chunky peanut butter that had been sitting in our pantry for a couple of years (my husband prefers it, but never thinks to use it). BAD IDEA. Did you know peanut butter can go rancid? And that it's even worse with chunky peanut butter, because the little chunks of peanut are rancid? Yeah, that batch went into the garbage...

The second time I made them, with fresh ingredients, they turned out fabulous. Healthy, tasty, and SO EASY! Plus, bonus for breastfeeding mothers - both oats and flax seed are supposed to help with milk supply. If you're not, don't worry, you're not going to suddenly start squirting milk ;)

1 comment: