Saturday, September 22, 2012

Mocha Iced Coffee Recipe

Bow down to me fellow Mommas, for I am reviewing our first coffee pin. You're welcome.
I found this pin with a super simple recipe for a Iced Mocha.

The long version of the recipe has you add a hot chocolate packet with coffee, sugar, and creamer, whiz it around in your blender, and pour it over ice. I tossed in a few white chocolate chips too and used Vanilla Coconut Milk instead of creamer. I blended it up the first time I made it and it was delish!

The second time I made it, I decided I didn't have time to pull out extra appliances. A blender? Really? Unless I was planning to add ice and make it a Frapp, I had no need for the blender. A plain ol' spoon will do the trick. I wanted hot coffee too since it's fall now and warm coffee make me smile. I tossed a few white chocolate chips into the bottom of my mug, added a whole pack of hot chocolate mix, and added my normal amount of coffee (We have a Keurig and I just brewed what I usually do). I skipped adding sugar since I was adding a whole packet of chocolate. I didn't notice a difference. Then I added my normal amount of milk, swirled with a spoon, and got my happy on.

The "easy" way of making it is definitely faster and has less clean up (win!), but it does leave some chocolate chip residue in the bottom of your mug. I was okay with that. It melted enough to add a taste to my coffee even without blending it.

This has changed my coffee drinking life. I've had more hot chocolate/coffee in the past week than I should probably admit, but it's cool. I'm a mom. Coffee is my fuel.

-AM

No comments:

Post a Comment