Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sensory Bags for Babies

So, I have lots of ideas for my own versions of these to make, but I started with a basic ocean squish bag. 

Here is the one I made:
I bought the plastic sea creatures from a dollar store, and used food coloring to dye some clear hair gel blue. Then I used blue duct tape around the edges (to seal the top and frame it) and put duct tape across the back to make it a bit less flexible, so it can be squished from the front still but not balled up. I like how it turned out for the most part; I just wish I had used a bit less food coloring, as it is darker than it looks in this picture, and dyed the sea creatures blue as well. Right now my son is more interested in gumming it than anything else, so we may need to wait until his bout of teething ends to get his verdict, but overall I'd say this idea is pintastic! Here is a link to the original pinned website: http://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2012/07/fun-with-sensory-bags.html


1 comment: