Sunday, September 16, 2012

Honey Cupcakes with Honey Cream Cheese Icing

Original Pin


When I was planning for a family party, I knew I wanted to make cupcakes, and I found these in a Pinterest search.  They looked and sounded delicious, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make them look as attractive as these pictured.  I tested my talents anyway, and the recipe turned out to be easy to follow, and the cupcakes were a hit at the party.

I actually doubled the recipe to get 24 cupcakes instead of 12, which still worked well.  I will say that it's important to follow the recipe - when combining the liquid and dry ingredients, it is important to end on the dry ingredients.  When you add the liquid ingredients, the batter becomes runny, but the dry ingredients makes it the right consistency again.




The cupcakes themselves were delicious, and the icing definitely kicked them up a notch.  The icing was easy to make, though I think if I had used the amount of confectioner's sugar that was called for in the recipe, it would have been too sweet.  I only used four cups instead of six (again, I doubled the recipe).  I will warn, however, if you are making the cup cakes a day or two ahead of time, plan to make the icing the day of.

I had kept the icing in the fridge over night, which caused the sugar to draw in a lot of moisture before I iced the cups.  I warmed the icing in my hands to try and keep it from getting too warm or falling over on the cup cakes. As the day went on, they went from being nice swirls to droopy.  You can see in the pictures to the right, this is about 30 minutes after icing them 24 hours after making the icing.  They were already starting to fall.



All in all, though, I found the recipe easy to follow, the cupcakes were absolutely delicious!  There is a perfect amount of honey flavoring, and they were very moist.




No comments:

Post a Comment