Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chocolatey/Peanut Buttery/Marshmallowy Croissant Goodness!

I have seen several pins featuring croissants stuffed with fattening goodies, so last time I went to the grocery store I made sure to pick up a tube of croissants. I wasn't sure which pin I wanted to try, and since I had peanut butter, chocolate, and marshmallows available, I decided to use those. I guess this is really a "mash-up" of different pins, as Glee would say.

These are my "inspiration" pins:
I tried to link this pin to a blog,
but it says the blog is no longer found!
Yum! Too bad I didn't have any Nutella.

via
via

Had all these things!

I lined my cooking sheet with aluminum foil so I wouldn't have to wash it. I sprayed it really well with Pam. I rolled out the croissants, and loaded them up with peanut butter, marshmallows, and chocolate chips. I stuck them in the oven at 375 degrees for 9 minutes...the label says 10 but my oven seems to cook things quickly.


Here they are! My husband looked at them and said, "You cook the weirdest desserts." Whatever! If it were up to him we'd have meat, potatoes, and blueberry pie every night. Anyway, these croissants were delicious (I've already had three)! My favorite part was the bits of marshmallows that came out of the croissant. The oven had toasted them and it reminded me of a Smore. My least favorite part was the peanut butter--I may leave that out next time and just do the chocolate and marshmallow!

I think I'll even try variations of this pin in the future. I would like to try the Nutella ones. I wonder if I can even do banana and Nutella. I'm sure I'll stuff marshmallows in them no matter what. The possibilities are endless!


Final Verdict: Pintastic!

-Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment