Thursday, October 25, 2012

Halloween Candy Wreath

So...  I am all about a big bang for my crafting buck(and time).  I pinned this, I think, last year.  However, I never found the time or energy to get it done.  We moved into a new home this year, and when I looked through my Halloween Board, I knew this one was perfect for Spiderman(my son) and I to take on...  It's also good for letting the neighbor kids know where the fun house is. 

I grabbed a foam wreath for a couple dollars and one of the BIG bags of candy at Walmart.  I chose the one with no chocolate so that I would not be tempted.  It was less than ten dollars, all told. 

We sat down and hotglued candy all around.  I started with the big stuff, and then filled in the holes with the smaller stuff.  It took about an hour, and it was a BLAST for Spiderman and I. 

The neighbors have all commented on how much they like it, and the kids?  Well...  I have a stash of leftovers to keep them from picking at it.  LOL  The project went well and looks great.  Just be sure to use enough candy and really get it filled in.  This one is PINTASTIC!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment