Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Baked Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken

Last night I decided to try this recipe for baked garlic brown sugar chicken. I followed the recipe to the 

Click for original recipe
letter. It's a super easy and simple recipe that only takes four ingredients (including the chicken!) It smelled amazing. The brown sugar/garlic mixture was more like a rub texture than a sauce, so we rubbed it into the chicken on both sides before putting it in the oven. I cooked the chicken for the recommended amount of time. It came out great. As you can see from my pictures, the sauce around the chicken burnt.  I think this could be rectified by adding water to the pan.

The chicken was good. On the outside. It was pretty bland inside though. My husband and I both decided that it would be better if the chicken were marinated in this mixture for a few hours before baking it (or grilling!). The sauce is delicious, but you don't get the full flavor of it by cooking it on the chicken for twenty-thirty minutes. I'll keep the sauce recipe, but next time we'll try marinating the chicken first.











No comments:

Post a Comment